|The Operator's Manual can be found in the glove compartment of every motor pool vehicle. Every operator of a motor pool vehicle is responsible for understanding and adhering to ALL policies. Use of motor pool vehicles is a privilege that can be revoked. Fuel Cards and Charge Cards can also be found in the glove compartment . All vehicles are to be fueled by driver on return . |
| ||Only authorized State of Colorado employees and students may operate a motor pool vehicle. The vehicle may be used only for Offical State of Colordo business. No one, other than state employees and students on business or course work, may ride in State vehicles.|
| ||Domestic and non-domestic animals are NOT allowed in the vehicles with the exception of seeing-eye, hearing-ear, and service dogs. (Please indicate a special vehicle requirement when making the reservation, of the need to transport one of these dogs.) |
| ||Vehicles are not to be used for towing unless so equipped. No objects are to be placed, mounted, or tied to the outside of any motor pool vehicle. Damage resulting from any of these conditions will be the responsibility of the requestor's department (or organization).|
| ||Smoking is strictly prohibited in all motor pool vehicles.|
|Requirements of Operator|
| ||All drivers of motor pool vehicles must possess a valid U.S. driver's license. For insurance purposes, the requesting agency is responsible for verifying the validity of said license.|
|Responsibilities of Operator|
| ||The operator of the vehicle has, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:|
- Safe operation and security of the vehicle until it has been returned to the Motor Pool.
- Strict adherence to all traffic and parking laws. A practice of road courtesy at all times. YOU are responsible for all traffic and parking violations. Any citations received by the Motor Pool shall be forwarded to the department (or organization) that reserved the vehicle.
- Safety belts are to be worn by all occupants of the vehicle at all times the vehicle is in motion. The driver is responsible for ensuring that all occupants comply with this requirement!
- Do not abuse this vehicle! Vehicle damage resulting from abuse is subject to payment by the driver's department (or organization). Turn off wipers during snowy conditions to prevent wiper arms from being bent by weight of the snow when ignition key is turned on.
- No repairs are to be incurred without prior approval of the Authorizations Section of State Fleet Management (1-800-356-3846), Drivers are required to report any and all mechanical defects upon return of the vehicle.
| ||Reservations must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance or a cancellation fee of 1 day rental will be assessed to the requestor's account. Cancellations must be made via the Motor Pool web site or by phone. The motor pool staff may cancel vehicles not picked up within 4 hours of the scheduled reservation time.|
|Picking Up Vehicles|
| ||Please follow your agency's Pick Up Procedure |
| ||Please follow your agency's Return Procedure.|
| ||Vehicles which develop mechanical problems while in the local area should be returned for replacement. In the event that it would be impractical to operate the vehicle, the Motor Pool should be contacted for assistance. While the Motor Pool strives to maintain its fleet of vehicles in the best possible condition, breakdowns do occur. The Motor Pool will make every effort to assist the customer during any breakdown situation to minimize loss time and inconvenience. However, the Motor Pool shall not be liable for any costs incurred by the travelers other than the actual cost to repair the vehicle. This specifically includes room and board. |
| ||If a motor pool vehicle has a mechanical breakdown while on the road, please use the following procedures:|
- For All repairs: Have the vendor call SFM Authorizations @ 1-800-356-3846 or 303-866-5566. Fuel Card is only to be used for fuel purchases or service isle items, ie. quart of oil, W/S fluid etc...
- For Towing: Denver metro area, Joe,s Towing 303-428-9242 or APT Towing 303-455-1264. Outside the metro area, 1-800-356-3846. For after hours towing only, NAC 1-866-329-3471 Account # 8503758-000.
- Flat Tire(s) are the responsibility of the driver to put on the spare.
| ||The Motor Pool will reimburse the traveler for repair costs paid by cash, check, or personal credit card. However receipts are required, and reimbursement must come from the agency and we will reimburse the agency.Except when personal safety is threatened, the traveler shall not abandon the vehicle or place the vehicle in jeopardy.|
| ||In the event of a vehicular accident, the driver will stop at once, give reasonable first aid to those injured, and will call the police. All information related to the accident and all drivers involved will be written down at the scene. All accidents, no matter how minor, will be reported as soon as possible to the Motor Pool office. An Accident Report must be completed. Accident Report forms are available in the vehicle or at the Motor Pool office.|
- When conditions and/or regulations permit, move to the shoulder or side of the roadway to prevent further damage or hazards. If conditions or regulations do not permit moving the vehicle, contact the local authorities immediately.
- You must contact the local authorities and complete an accident report. Advise authorities if medical assistance is needed.
- Obtain the names and addresses of witnesses.
- Report accident to Motor Pool office as soon as possible. You may leave a voicemail after normal business hours.
| ||All State of Colorado Motor Pool vehicles are insured under a State self insurance policy. This insurance covers damage to motor pool vehicles, liability for damage to other vehicles and property, and bodily injury to others from official use of a motor pool vehicle. || |
| || |
| ||The driver is personally responsible for all costs or damages for personal, illegal, or unauthorized use of State of Colorado Motor Pool vehicles.|